Wednesday 28 September 2016

Starting Third Year

As some of you know, a few Tuesdays ago I moved back to Carmarthen to start my final year as an Acting student at UWTSD. I don't actually start back until the 3rd October but I am so excited and slightly apprehensive to get started. For the last two years I've looked up to the third years and been amazed at what they created, they've always been something to aspire and work towards and now that's going to be me. I literally cannot believe it. It's like being in Year Six again and feeling quite grown up and almost in charge. I feel like I have this responsibility and knowledge that I've gained from being here and that they're going look up to me to know all about the course and give them the best advice. I feel like I do have a duty to help the lower years. I don't know, maybe that's just me. 

Starting third year is also like an end of an era. I've been going to my last ever Freshers this week and I can't believe I'm not going to be coming back next year. Wales has literally become a second home to me, and my house and housemates are more like family than anything else. It's just weird to think next year I'm going to have to be a proper adult and find a proper job. It reminds me of what we spoke about in Absurd last year, having a feeling of anomie, just feeling completely out of place and confused about what you want to do with life. Yeah, I have a feeling that will be what it's like next year. 

I've just finished having a meeting with the whole of the third year for Performing Arts and I have to say I am so excited to get started. It seems like there is going to be a lot of stress and a lot of hard work, but I think with all the work I've done this summer on focusing on my mental health and working on myself, I should be okay. There will be a few bumps along the way which is fine, but I think I've got this. I think I'm set.

I have also made three new best friends for life in the three Canadian boys that have joined us for the year. Meet, Logan, Sean and Jace, the most amazing three men I've ever met. I've only known them a couple of weeks but I love them so much and have such a connection with them already that I can tell we will always be in touch. Gee and I have been their mini tour guides and have been helping with them settling in and stuff. We took the three of them on a little adventure to Llansteffan which is like a beach and then a cool castle and we had so much fun. They also managed to take some really awesome pictures of me and Gee holding hands looking out over the bay my favourite of which is included in this blog.

We've gone and had hangover McDonalds, we've got so drunk together and just really enjoyed each others company. I think I can speak for me and Gee when I say that we are so glad to have met them. They've literally brightened up my life and I feel so lucky to have met them and have them in my life. I am so incredibly happy when I'm around them and I constantly smile and laugh, which is so amazing. You don't find that very often and I'm so blessed that I did.

It's super exciting because there is going to be so much going on for me in the next year and it's going to go by so fast, but I am so excited to get started. I've already got four plays out from the library which I'm going to read and I'll find out which touring show I will be in next Friday.

I'm going to apologise in advance because my blogs will probably be a lot less this year, I think what I'm going to do instead is do one blog a week while I'm at uni and busy and then I'll do two again when I'm back home. So, I'm looking forward to a new year at uni, and I'm so happy and healthy in my mind. Which is so great, I hope all of you going back to work or to uni are the same. We can do this! I've said to Gee that I want to make this year the best possible year ever, and that's exactly what we're going to do. I hope you guys aim to do the same. 

Stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment