Sunday 26 June 2016

My Top 10 Feel Good Songs

Music is such an amazing thing. It has such a power over our emotions and feelings, it can make you think of times past and bring back amazing memories, or it can make you remember times that you wish you didn't. Music is a huge part of my life and a huge part of other people's lives as well. There's a few songs that literally make me feel so happy and instantly improve my mood and make me feel ten times better, which is why I'm going to share my top ten favourite feel good songs as well as the reason why they make me so happy. I'll include the links after I mention the song so you can guys can listen to them and maybe they'll make you feel all happy and squishy inside! So in no particular order here we go:

The 1975 - The Sound

This song just makes me think of Summer and feeling free. The beat and lyrics are so catchy. I frequently turn this up so loud in my car and roll down my windows and just feel the wind blow through my hair. I just feel so free and awesome when I listen to it. It's just a real feel good song and the music video makes me laugh so much. I remember me and my boyfriend at the time watched the music video together when it came out for the first time and we just completely fell in love with this song. I love the message and I just think it's so amazing! This band is a favourite of mine and I don't think I'll ever stop listening to them or following them. 


Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

I know, I know, Taylor Swift isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think this is one that's so good. First off, it reminds me of my first year of Uni. In our assessment week of dance my friend Rosey did a warm up to this song and it always makes me think of the hard work we put in for that module and the fact that I had an amazing group, and despite all of the stress we created something amazing. I think there is also such an important message in this song too, people will hate on you all the time and try to make you feel bad. People always have something to say and sometimes you just have to shake it off and completely ignore what the haters are saying. 


The Icarus Account - Bad News

This is a band you guys have probably not heard of but oh my god, if you are into kinda indie, chilled music these are the guys for you! I've been listening them for about six years, the first song I heard of theirs was called Proud, but I love how upbeat this song is. The music video makes me laugh so much, and I love how natural and beautiful Ty and Trey's voices are. The guys are brothers and they are so amazing! There's nothing to not like about this song, it's upbeat, full of energy and their voices are heaven. If you like what you hear from this song I recommend listening to their other stuff. Not many people know about these guys and more people need to! I'm planning a trip to America so I can listen to them live. 



James Blunt - Stay the Night

Most people know James Blunt for the songs You're Beautiful and High, but since 2005 he's had three other albums out and I've been following this guy since then. 11 years is a long time and he hasn't put anything else out recently, but I do love this song in particular of his. I just think this is such a positive feel good song and there's nothing to really complain about it. I love the fact that James Blunt doesn't take himself too seriously and just makes music because he genuinely loves it, I really feel like that comes across in his music. 


Luke Bryan - Play it Again

For those of you who don't know me very well I love country music. It's a a massive passion of mine, I have all these country stars that I love listening to and singing along to. This one in particular is so catchy! I'm so in love wit the twang in Luke Bryan's voice and the actual narrative of the song. I just think it's so beautiful. It also reminds me of when I went on my first ever girls holiday with my best friend, Laura. While we were getting ready every night she would put this on and I fell in love with it as soon as I listened to the opening few chords. I don't understand how people can't like country music, I think it's awesome!


Michael Jackson - PYT (Pretty Young Thing)

Again, a little controversial because of what Michael has been accused of, but I'm not going to lie, I love Michael Jackson and I am a little bit obsessed with all of his music. If I'm not feeling great or I'm cleaning and need some motivation this always goes on my playlist. I just think it's a nice, feel good song, and it makes me want to dance!


Fun - We Are Young

Now this song reminds me of sixth form so much. It reminds me of being at house parties with my school friends and singing this drunkenly at the top of our lungs. We would put our arms around each others necks and just sing even though we were completely out of key and we just didn't even care. It reminds me of simpler times and times that I will never forget. I also think it's super uplifting and I love it so much.


Fountains of Wayne - Stacey's Mom

I mean... how could I not include this?! This is such a classic and I don't think anyone can listen to this song without singing along. Everyone knows the lyrics and it's just such a throw back. Classic 2000s song, and was put on at every single school disco. If you don't like this song, there is literally something wrong with you. I kid, I kid, but seriously, this song is lush. 


Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag

Again, another throwback. I remember when my brother was in year six and he mimed this with his friends for Pop Mime and ever since then I've loved it. The lyrics, the nostalgia of it all, I am so in love with this song and I don't think I will ever not love it. The change in the rifts are amazing and whenever it comes on I can't help but sing it. Another windows down, wind in hair song I feel. 


Walk The Moon - Shut Up and Dance

This song makes me so happy! The beat, the lyrics, the fact that when it comes on in a club I can't help but sing and dance. When my friend and I got our first marks back for second year we put this on in one of the rooms and celebrated by dancing to it. It's such an amazing feel good song and it will always remind me of opening my first results of second year and getting a 2:1 and feeling like I was on cloud nine. It's also an amazing song to work out to, if you guys like to work out. Fantastic beat to do squats to!


So there's my top ten feel good songs that I listen to in order to perk my mood up or if I just want to dance around my room feeling awesome. I hope you guys enjoyed a few of the memories I shared with them as well and why they make me so happy! If you guys have any suggestions of any songs that make you feel amazing, let me know! I love music so much and it was so hard for me to narrow this down to only ten songs! Honestly, if you haven't heard of some of them check them out! I hope you guys love them as much as I do and they help you as much as they've helped me. 

Stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment