Wednesday 16 March 2016

Welcome to my blog!

I suppose I should begin with explaining the title of my blog and introduce myself a little if you don't know who I am.

First off, atelophobia is the fear of not being good enough or a fear of imperfection. It classifies as an anxiety disorder and can affect a persons relationships, it makes them feel like everything they do is wrong. This feeling then can lead to depression as we cannot be perfect all of the time.

I think that word perfectly describes me.


Here I am with my older brothers, Josh and Jamie at Jamie's wedding. 

I guess I look fairly normal from the outside, bar the fact that I have red hair. I suppose from the outside most people look normal, but allow me to explain. My name is Gemma. I am 20 years old, I am in my second year studying Acting at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD), I love all things Disney, I'm currently dieting to try and lose 3 stone. That's all pretty normal right? The abnormal thing about me is that I have suffered with depression for 13 years, and anxiety my whole life, yes seriously, my whole life. 

Over the course of this blog I hope I can elaborate further on my experiences and shed a light on what living with what I have can be like. Some of the things I post on here may be triggering so be warned, I will put it on the post if I feel like it is. But yeah, I hope you enjoy reading. 

Stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment