Tuesday 5 April 2016

Body Confidence

I really think that this is something that every single person has trouble with. No matter what gender, race or whatever, every single person has had some problem with their body that they feel they need to fix or change. The body confidence I'm going to be talking about in this blog is to do with weight, not to do with facial features or hair styles or anything like that. 

I had a really knock with my body confidence over the last year or so. I was in a relationship and I suppose him and I just got really comfortable and because of that we just kept on eating bad food. This caused me to put on about 3 stone without even realising it. The first time I really noticed it was when I went to go and buy a new pair of work jeans and the size I usually got (12) just didn't fit any more. It literally broke my heart. To add insult to injury I went to the sexual health clinic in Carmarthen to get a repeat prescription of the pill and the woman there told me that I had to watch my weight otherwise they would have to change my pill. I've been on the same one since I was 15 so there was no way in hell I was going to let that happen. 

For a long time I felt so awful about my body. I stopped wearing jeans because I refused to buy any new pairs in a bigger size because I wanted to be able to fit into my old jeans. I felt like buying a new pair would be pointless as I planned to lose all the weight I put on, and a little bit more as well. I literally felt like I couldn't wear anything because I was too fat, and I hated how I looked in every single thing that I wore. I never felt pretty, or sexy or even slightly attractive. I honestly felt disgusting. I would never believe any compliments anyone would give me and would try and cover up most of my body.

In September I decided it was time for me to start trying to get fit and lose the weight I put on in the first year of uni. I bought a Fitbit to measure my steps and count calories, I bought a 28 day Bootea detox tea. Since September I have managed to lose two stone, so I only have one more to go which I am so happy about. 

I went back home for Easter and I thought I may as well try my old jeans on and guess what? They fit! It was the most amazing feeling ever, I also fit into a pair of jeans that I had never fit in. I couldn't believe it. I stood in front of my mirror stark naked for a long time and just stared at my body. I remember looking at my body previously and just staring at my fat. But now, I look at it and see how far I've come. I lost weight and I did it in such a healthy and effective way. 

I think the most crucial thing about being body confident its knowing that you are doing the best that you can with what you have. You have curves? Perfect, I'm sure you look stunning. Your thighs touch? I'm know you're beautiful. You're a size 6? Wonderful! 

It doesn't matter what size and shape you are as long as you're being healthy and you're happy. Your body is a temple and what you put into it is what you get out of it. When I was eating bad food, I felt bloated and all funny. But now I'm eating more healthier and I can see a world of a difference. I have so much more energy and I'm loving how my body is looking. 

It's all about celebrating your dress size no matter if its a 6 or a 26. It's also about not putting other people down to make yourself better. Look at yourself in the mirror and look at what makes you beautiful. Focus on the features you like the most, not the ones you hate. Learn to love yourself. Others love you for who you are, you need to try and learn to do the same. 

I've rambled a lot here, but my point is. LOVE YOURSELF. You are beautiful, no matter what your body shape is. I am sure someone finds you attractive and thinks you're absolutely stunning. And that's because, you are.

Stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment